In order to jazz up October 7th, UNITE, a premium boutique line of professional haircare products, has shared with us 7 great Hair Do’s and Don’ts. If you follow the simple tips below, you’re guaranteed a fabulous hair day – which is the best kind of day you can have. Did we mention that Kim Kardashian’s stylist loves UNITE products?!
1. Keep it Simple: Opting for less is usually more, so skip the trendy crimped hair look and style a chic chignon or ponytail instead.
2. Add Bling: If you want to accessorize your hair, use a sparkly hair clip for an ode to old Hollywood glamour.
3. Skip a Day: Skipping a hair wash? Be sure to use 7Seconds Dry ($28.75) that is made with fine clay and can instantly remove excess oil, increase volume and refresh hair without the use of water or a trace of visible powder.
4. Undone Waves: Embrace your waves for an undone effortless style.
5. Go for Natural Color: If you’re a natural brunette or a blonde, do enhance your color with highlights that are within 2 levels of your natural hue.
6. Deep Treat: Once a week, apply a deep treatment to maintain healthy and shiny tresses.
7. Bring a Photo: If you are trying to find a new style, bring along a photo to your stylist for inspiration.
1. Smother Your Strands: Don’t tie your hair back too tightly and never when it is wet. This stretches the hair shaft, causing it to break and split.
2. Apply Too Much Product: Letting hair air dry before applying product will allow you to see where your hair really needs product, without overdoing it. Sometimes less is more!
3. Be Afraid of Extensions: Using extensions can give you a new look – without commitment Try Great Lengths Extensions – unlike other hair extension systems, the integrity of one’s natural strands is never compromised, so the only risk one takes by having them applied is looking better than before.
4. Forget to Protect: Going to be in the sun? Use a heat styling tool more than once a week? Spray 7Seconds Detangler ($26.25) onto hair – this leave-in conditioner locks in color, detangles in 7 seconds, and offers both UV and thermal protection for all hair textures.
5. Overdo Braids: Keep your braid simple – opt for one loose fishtail braid or incorporate a loose side braid.
6. Damage your Hair: Visit your stylist every 4-8 weeks (depending on your hair texture – curlier locks can wait longer) to get a trim. Your hair style will look healthier and last longer.
7. Follow Every Trend: Work with your stylist to find a style that works just for you.
Happy gorgeous hair day!